An energy assessment in Melbourne is timely. When the world is in an energy crisis, assessment of energy usage and utility must be in place. As per findings, many real estate developments are not using its full energy potential. This results in valuable energy wasted as opposed to utilized for essential activities such as power distribution and the likes.
To anchor on the findings, many prolific real estates and property developers are now taking the Green route. They employ a scientific and strategic approach to ensure that energy is used and aptly distributed accordingly. For years, constructing and building Green Buildings have been highly sought after.
A Green building is one that significantly reduces negative environmental impacts through its design to operation. Such a building goes through an in-depth study to ensure its contribution to a positive impact on the environment and overall climate maintenance and improvement.
– A flexible design which is highly adaptable to the ever-changing environment
– Materials used are generally non-toxic and do not harm the environment
– Use of solar or renewable energy to provide power to the entire building
– Recycling is highly encouraged or even strictly implemented within the facility through the use of recycling bins and other advanced recycling tools
– Consideration of its surroundings and the immediate environment from construction to operations
Any building can be considered Green. A Green building may come in the form of an office building, mall, school, indoor park, and other commercial and business establishments.
Airports are a good representation of what a Green building is all about. These aviation facilities, for one, feature massive and high glass ceilings that allow for natural light to illuminate the entire place.
The use of Green buildings significantly reduces the harmful effects of greenhouse gas emissions. The good news is that using Green buildings may increase energy savings to 50 percent by the year 2050. Having a Green building does not affect its environs such as forests, rivers, seas, etc. As a result, congruence between industrial development and environmental harmony is achieved.
Since Green buildings rely on varying natural factors, energy cost is significantly reduced. The use of solar panels, natural ventilation systems, and glass walls to let in natural light all contribute to energy cost reduction. Not only does it give the building a unique and ultra-modern look and feel, but it also is practical for the property owner. This is supported by an energy assessment in Melbourne and other cities across the globe.
Particularly in Australia, Green Buildings with Green Star certification have shown to save between 50 and 52 percent of potable water. Even better, a significant 62 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emission is achieved. Such numbers are possible because of the following:
– Choice of materials to use for construction, operation, and maintenance
– Less exertion of industrial machinery and heavy equipment within the establishment/facility
– State-of-the-art water treatment facility within the establishment
– Implementation of recycling strategies through the use of solar panels and rainwater entrapment mechanisms
An establishment’s overall look entices tenants and other occupants which is good for business. Because of a well-thought-out and highly strategic design, a Green building comes out modern, sleek, and unique. The building then becomes a prime real estate because of its beauty and style. More so, people flock because of its impeccable environmental reputation which passed an energy assessment in Melbourne and others across the globe.