These unique furniture items were designed by Salvador Dali. You probably will recognize him by his most famous artwork The Persistence of Memory.
Facts on Salvador Dali
- Lived: 1904 -1989
- Born in: Figueras, Spain
- Birthday and astrological sign: May 11, 1904, Taurus
- Died: January 23, 1989, Age 86. Artists Edvard Munch and Pierre Bonnard also died on this day in 1944 and 1947 respectively.
- Quote: The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot.
- He and his older brother, who died before he was born, had the same name.
- One of the greatest surrealists of our time, best known for his ability to translate dreams into artwork, “hand painted dream photographs” he called them. He was also a sculptor, filmmaker, writer and insane or just wanted people to believe that he was insane.
- Salvador also had an intense fear of grasshoppers.
- He dedicated his life to proving he was a genius.
- As a child he was frequently expelled from school.
- He liked his wife because she changed her clothes three times a day.
- He was notorius for not knowing how to count money.
- He was afraid to expose his feet.
- To ward off evil spirits, he carried a piece of lucky driftwood around.
- He was afriad of germs, assassignation and especially grasshoppers.
- When in public, he would jump up and down to get atention.
- He was kicked out of the official surrealist society in 1934.
- His nick name was Avida Dollars, which, roughly translated means “eager for dollars”.